Monday, January 19, 2009

Up vs. Down

Couple of days ago I went to the airport with a friend. At the lift lobby he pressed the down button. I asked him, “ain't we suppose to go up to the arrival hall at 3rd Floor?”. Huai answered, “ Yes. That's why I call the lift car down as both cars are on the top floor.”


This incident remind me of a quote from JAWS, the 1975 classic shark movie directed by Steven Spielberg.


Brody: It doesn't make any sense when you pay a guy like you to watch sharks.

Hooper: Well, uh, it doesn't make much sense for a guy who hates the water to live on an island either.

Brody: It's only an island if you look at it from the water.

Hooper: That makes a lot of sense.


That is why the same DVR interface, some users find it friendly & easy and other don't. I guess it all boils down to one's perspective & way of reasoning.


No comments: