Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"Lethal" Infrared

A CCTV customer called us the other day to verify a "fact".

He said one of his company staff told him that the infrared emitting from the IR camera is lethal.

I must compliment his staff vivid imagination and cunningness. IR is harmful never cross my mind. To me IR is just as plain as another spectrum of light.

I kindly advised my customer to pay attention to his staffs instead of the infrared being emitted at night from the infrared camera when his staff is not even in the office.



But just for the hack of it, I checked on the Internet and I can sum it up in the following statement;

Infrared (IR) is a part of electromagnetic spectrum and lies just beyond red color of visible light. All human beings are exposed to infrared in the form of the sun and even through the household electric lamp. It has no known adverse effect on living cells.

No comments: