Monday, July 6, 2009

Magic Roundabout (Swindon)

When I design a CCTV solution I would like to keep my CCTV solution as simple as I possible can.

Like I said in Minimalism in CCTV posting, simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

You will appreciate simplicity more after checking out this sophisticated roudabout.



Constructed in 1972 the Magic Roundabout in Swindon, England consists of five small roundabouts arranged in a bigger roundabout. Traffic flow around the inner mini roundabout is anticlockwise, and traffic flows in the clockwise manner around the five small roundabouts and the outer loop.



In 2005, the Magic Roundabout was voted the worst roundabout in a survey conducted by a UK insurance company. In September 2007, it was named as one of the World's Worst Junctions by a UK motoring magazine. In December 2007, BBC News reported a survey identifying The Magic Roundabout as one of the "10 Scariest Junctions in the United Kingdom".

No comments: